Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Self-Portraits




These are my contact sheets for my self-portrait project.

For this self-portrait project, we were to take a roll of film and take pictures of ourselves. 
I thought this project was pretty fun, because I had a bunch of cool ideas.

For this picture, I thought it was kind of funny.
I took a picture of myself with my digital camera and set it on preview, then put it on the counter.
Then I stood in front of it with a sign that reads 'Confused? Me too.'
This picture didn't have the desired effect, because the picture on the digital camera didn't quite turn out.
But I think it's kind of a cool picture regardless.


This self-portrait is me laying on the ground surrounded by snowflakes.
I think this was one of the harder self-portraits I did, just because it was really difficult to lay on the ground where I knew I'd be in the picture, and then surround myself in snowflakes.
I like this picture because of how sharp the snowflakes are, and how you can clearly see that each one is different.
The only things I don't like about this picture is that there is this weird line cutting across the top part of the picture, where it turns darker than below it. I tried to make it a little less noticeable in photoshop, but nothing I tried made any difference, so I just made it blurred a bit.
The second thing I don't like about this picture is how out of focus I am. I think it would have looked better if both me, and the snowflakes had been in focus.


This was the third portrait I developed. I really liked this picture, but when it printed, it was really grainy and there was a lot of dust on the picture.


But when I was done fixing it up in photoshop, I ended up being really pleased with the picture. It took probably about 40 minutes to clean up the dust and figure out how to get rid of the water marks on the left side. But despite all this work, I really like this picture, and I think it's the best of my self-portraits. 
In my hand, I'm clutching a little gold bow and I really like how sharp and clear it is, along with my face, and how out of focus my hand in front is.



No comments:

Post a Comment