Monday, April 16, 2012

Tilt Shift Pictures!


This was a picture I took at the Mr. Timberwolf assembly. For this tilt-shift, I blurred the area around one of the candidates, in photoshop, and made him stand out more than the others. 
I think this picture is really cool, because you can see the whole gym, which I think makes the center pop out a little more. I like this picture because if you look closely, the candidate's reflection is also in focus, while none of the others are.


This picture, I also took at the Mr. Timberwolf pageant, but at a later point in it. Instead of focusing on the candidates for this picture, I focused on the shirt on the left. I didn't want to focus on any of the boys, because I had already done that, but I saw the shirt and thought it would look pretty cool to have that be the main focus of the picture. Which in fact, it does.


This picture is of the Pumpkin Regatta from October. I think this picture is perfect for the tilt-shift because of the way the water looks, and the crowd in the background. I really like this picture because the leaves on the trees are mostly changed, and it really captures the beauty of fall. The sky is partially visible on the top of the picture, which I think adds to the picture as well.
There are three pumpkins in the picture, with four people in them. I focused on the girl and guy in the far left pumpkin, just because the way she's positioned is kind of funny. The guy on the right had a headband with lightning bolts, so I blurred him out, because it kind of makes you wonder (if seeing it for the first time) what he's wearing.


This is a blossom tree from California. I really like this picture because it turned out really nicely, despite the fact that my main focus was a significant part of the picture. 
I like the trees in the background, because the way that they have no leaves, it makes the beauty of this tree really stand out. 


This last picture is from the Mr. Timberwolf pageant again. This time, I focused on the guy with the checkered shirt. 
I particularly like this picture because of the long shadows, and how his shadow is the clearest one of them. Also, I think by blurring everything around him, it makes the viewer wonder what he's doing. He's the only one with one foot in the air, while everything else seems to be doing similar dance moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment