Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blur Pictures!!

For this project, we were to intentionally blur our pictures.
We were to either use the panning technique, to follow the subject, leaving the background blurred, or have a moving subject, with the background remaining the same.
For a lot of my pictures, I used the second technique, because I thought it looked better, in my opinion, than panning. (Not to mention the only thing I could find to pan were cars and people, neither of which are very interesting).

For the blurring pictures, I had my mom stand and light a sparkler, then wave it around however she wanted.

A lot of these pictures turned out really cool, especially the M.


This was the first picture I took, and it turned out really cool.
I really like how the little sparks that fell off the sparkler blurred together to make the streams of light.


For this one, I just told my mom to either make zig zag lines up and down, or left to right. She chose the first one.
I think this is really cool, because it turned out to look like an 'M'.
This was my favorite blur picture because it was pretty unexpected, and it looks a lot cooler than some of the other ones.

I really like this one.
I told my mom to make figure eights over and over again, because I wanted to see what would happen. 
I love this picture as well because I set the shutter speed for a couple seconds longer, and by doing so, I allowed more of the sparks to fall and be recorded onto my film.


This is the same picture as above, but I printed it again, using a little bit longer printing time.
I like this one a bit more (but in a different way) than the one above. It's a lot darker, and it helps the sparkler's light stand out a lot more than the first one. But the first one is brighter and some of the sparks stand out a bit more than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment